Do you have a story brewing up inside your head that just won’t pour out onto the page?
Maybe it leaks out in tiny little droplets or bursts out in a tidal wave from time to time, but you would much rather have it to flow in a steady stream.
Whether it’s fiction or non-fiction, to be shared with the world or kept to yourself–I am more than happy to help you out!
Common Issues That Disrupt the Flow
- Writer’s Block: Not knowing where to start or continue writing.
- Procrastination: Refusing to find and make time to write.
- Inconsistency: Having contradictory ideas and/or being unable to write as often as you prefer.
- Perfectionism: Being too concerned with rules and conventions that you don’t even allow the space to even express yourself.
- Lack of Motivation: You have too many ideas or no ideas at all, and feel like you want to write something, but you haven’t found the ideas you can commit to.
I’ve been there too, being drowned by my own ideas and wanting to find some way to control the current. Sometimes I would lose motivation because I didn’t know how to proceed and what started out easy and fun became a load of hard work.
What has helped me stay on track is receiving feedback from an outsider’s perspective. I’ve been in critique groups that helped point out the areas I could improve on and I’ve also had an accountability partner to help ensure I wrote on a consistent basis. Having others encourage you to reach your potential by getting excited for your ideas and helping you make sense of them is an incredible way to keep the flow going.
How Creative Consulting Can Remove These Blockades
- Generate and discover the ideas you can get excited and passionate about.
- Find your mission and message; what does your story say about the state of the world and humanity as a whole?
- Figure out which writing rules and conventions you should follow, and which ones you should rebel against to better serve your ideas.
- Connect the right ideas together so that they are consistent and compliment each other.
- Develop healthy writing habits so that you can find the time to write and make the most of it. Even if you are busy body!
- Have clarity with your ideas so starting and continuing your project excites and motivates you.
How It Works
What I am offering to you is the critique group and accountability partner experience all in a one on one format. For one hour once a week you will receive a concise and concentrated conversation designed to make sense of your ideas and develop healthy writing habits so that you can flush out writer’s block whenever it tempts you tap out. You will receive the following goodies:
- Scapple mind maps that give you a visual representation of how your ideas connect together
- Virtual worksheets to help you breathe life into your characters, build your world and its metaphysics, as well as convey your message in an entertaining and meaningful way
- Exercises to keep the flow going, ranging from free form progress journals to roleplaying as your own cast of characters
- Word count charts, complete with dates and records to determine what the best conditions are for you to write with focus
- and much much more to come soon!
How to Book a Session
- Make sure you have the latest version of Skype
- A working computer mic or phone with decent audio quality
- Click here and choose a day and time that works for you!